Monday, August 3, 2009

Bon Voyage!

I'm off to Brazil! I actually won't be there until tomorrow but my journey begins today. I'm heading over to Dr. P's at 4, and we have flights to Charlotte and then Miami tonight. We'll "sleep" in the airport and catch our early morning flight to Manaus tomorrow. Needless to say I'm pretty damn excited and just hope this whole trip runs smoothly. I'm pretty much packed and just have some last minute stuff to put. Jake has me so prepared for this trip it's pretty unbelievable. I have my own first aid kit complete with a snake bite kit. After reading on mission's website the other night that all the heavy rains are driving the anacondas into the villages, I dug my handy little kit out to make sure I knew exactly how to devenomize myself. I still can't believe I'm about to see things IRL like anacondas. I'm really going to have to internalize some freaking out with all the snakes and bugs.

I'll be there for both our 1st year anniversary (Aug 9) and my 25th bday (Aug 11). That's pretty bittersweet, but I'll survive. I'm hoping I can at least talk to Jake on both days. We bought an international plan for my phone so hopefully it works. If not, I have some phone cards for back up.

Alright, I need to get some last minute things done today so as I think they say in Portuguese "Adeus!"

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your trip!! Hope everything goes well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete