Happy New Year! This is a year I have been looking forward to for a long time. It's quite hard to believe that it's here actually. Here's the list of things I'm looking forward to this year:
1. Graduating medical school and officially becoming a doctor on June 3rd! This is something I've been dreaming about for a very long time. When I think about all the things I have learned since starting medical school, I'm amazed! My family is renting a house in Arizona for the event so we can party it up and celebrate for awhile!
2. Jake getting his PhD! We're not quite sure yet when this exactly will be since his boss decides, but we are sure it will be this year. Then he will find a job and make real money!!!! Jake is also contemplating starting a company based on his research.
3. Moving to an unknown place! As I've previously written about The Match, we won't know where we are going until March 17th.
4. Buying a house! This is very very exciting for both of us. I am looking forward to having our own place where we can do what we want. Plus we desperately need more space. I am constantly on realtors' websites checking out homes for sale.
5. Getting a puppy! Jake promised me that within 30 days of us living together in our new place, I will get a puppy. Our plans are to get a german shepherd pup. I have never had a dog so I'm sure I'll be jumping up and down like a child when I get it.
6. Finally starting my training in being an OB/GYN! If you talk to any 4th year med student, they will tell you how they are so sick of all the extra rotations, when all you want to do is start residency. I am enjoying my time off though.
I can't really complain about 2010. It was a good year. I learned a lot, spent a lot of time with Jake, celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas with Jake and the rest of my family, and most importantly moved in with Jake. To celebrate NYE, we stayed in, watched movies and made cheese fondue! Today we went and saw Black Swan. My, this was a strange movie, but I'm so glad I saw it.
Anyways, I am looking forward to 2011.