Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Well, it's V-day and I'm cooking meatloaf and asparagus for myself with the intent of eating leftovers for at least 2-3 days. Jake's in Colorado and he spent the day in his lab. Every time I called there was some very loud machines running. We celebrated last weekend while he was in town. I'm glad it fell on a Sunday that way I'm not out at work listening to everyone's plans and seeing all the flower deliveries. Our weekend was fantastic and it was the perfect V-day for us. Friday, I took my Ob/Gyn shelf exam and came home to a bouquet of tulips: my most favorite flowers ever! It's a bouquet of pink, red and white tulips. Let me make a shout out to Proflowers. Jake always gets me flowers from them and they are fantastic. Flowers easily last 1-2 weeks. Ok back to our weekend. Friday night we stayed in, and I made Jake a yummy dinner. Saturday morning we slept in, and headed downtown. We had lunch at Dewey's and then spent a few hours at Barnes and Noble. B&N is our favorite date thing to do. I am never bored there. Then we checked in to our hotel: The Cincinnatian. We exchanged cards and of course Jake didn't follow the no gift rule. He got me a purple pearl set of necklace, earrings and bracelet. They are beautiful!!!

Next up is dinner. We got the recommendation from one of the physicians in the area to go to Morton's. It's a fancy steakhouse. We had so much food....more food than I've probably ever eaten at a dinner. Both of us were in pain from our extended stomachs. LOL. The food was delicious. Like amazingly delicious.

So yeah, we had a good V-day. It was a really short trip though. It was the shortest amount of time we've spent together in about two years. Pretty crappy if you ask me. Oh well, November isn't that far away. We'll make it.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you on the cost of things!! I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the cost for Step II!

    Friends and family seem to think that programs pay for the student to fly/drive/stay to interview - they are shocked when we tell them that Drew gets a nice dinner and we pay the rest! We had to take out extra loans to apply for residency, but I figure I'd rather spend the money because the cost of NOT matching, is not worth any amount of saving/penny pinching!

    ReplyDelete