Saturday, November 27, 2010

Update: Interviews, The Gunner, Holidays and Moving!

Since my last post, I have had interviews 3-6. All of them were very interesting, and I actually really liked them. I have been surprised with my happiness at the places. I was expecting to dislike some, but actually I've been pleased. What is not fun? The traveling. Ugh. I'm so sick of it. I sure have met some interesting people. In the beginning I expected to dislike all the other candidates, but I actually enjoy talking to them! In fact, I often find myself talking to them more than the residents!

I have run into The Gunner again. At Interview #4, we interviewed together. Let's see, she did not wear a suit. She invited herself to some food during the tour in the residents' lounge without being invited. She asked an inappropriate question while at the hospital (you can get away with some of these questions at the dinners the night before). Oh yes, and she seems to think we are going to be colleagues. And frankly, I'm getting a little concerned that we might be. Our top two choices are the same. Yikes.

I have moved! Well actually I'm in the trek across the country right now. My parents, sister and Jake spent this last week in Ohio packing me up (and man oh man what a job that was). I would have been screwed without them . Since my apartment was all packed up, we spent Thanksgiving on a dinner cruise on the Ohio River. It was okay. We all said that we'll probably never eat out again for the holiday. It just doesn't seem like it's Thanksgiving.

My mom, sister and I did get up to go Black Friday shopping. We had to shop in moderation since all of our vehicles were already going to be full. I did get an epic deal of the century on a mattress memory foam topper. I knew that all of them were 60% off. Once we got up to the aisle, the entire aisle was repeatedly marked $25.99, originally $89.99. While I thought that was strange, I grabbed the thickest one I could find and we got in line to check out, where we waited about 50 minutes. We get to the cashier and imagine my surprise when my topper rings up at $147, originally $350. My sister and I told the cashier, and she of course didn't believe me that it was marked at the price, so they were about to send someone up to do a price check. Well, the manager walked by and told the cashier that she had to give us that price. Plus my mom had a 15% off coupon. I got that topper for 94% off. Now I'm sure someone will be all up in arms about getting it for so cheap. Someone screwed up bad, because an entire aisle was marked for the same price.

Currently Jake, my sister, and I are at her house in Kansas. Tomorrow Jake and I are heading to his place in Colorado. My long distance marriage is officially over!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment