Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm pretty lucky!

I thought I'd put up a picture of me and Jake to celebrate my good news! This was from our anniversary celebration!

I don't think I've mentioned it on here, but I am going back to Colorado this weekend to complete my 4 week pediatric rotation! I'm so happy that the school was willing to let me do this again. The best part is that the clinic I'm rotating at is 5 minutes from Jake's and it's across the street from the hospital, so my travel time will be awesome! The thing that will be the strangest for me is that this office is not accepting new medicaid patients. All of the offices I have worked for are CHC's which means they are federally funded and accept ALL patients. I'm interested to see the differences in the office.
I need to keep making a good impression. I got this rotation because the last doctor I worked with in CO literally picked up the phone, called this pediatrician on his cell phone and asked if he would be willing to take her medical student. She told him that I was really good, and voila, he said yes. Seriously, the way to go far in medical school is to know people and make good impressions. That's how I got to Brazil, and that's how I got this next rotation. So yeah, I'm pretty lucky.

1 comment: