Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Patients that Make it All Worth it.

There are just some patients that make it all worthwhile. The ones that make your day better, make you smile and laugh, and the ones that you want to take home. I had the most adorable 3 year old little girl who came in for her well child visit. As I've said before, 3 year old kids are my favorite. Well, Dr. S and I walked in the room, she stops talking, looks at me, points and says "Umm I like you." So Dr. S told her that was fine and he left the room. She promptly climbed into my lap, told me all about colors and that she is a girl, her daddy is a boy, what she is planning on being for Halloween (a magenta butterfly), how my necklace looks like an "O," and on and on and on. She was pretty advanced too. She was able to draw a circle and a cross (the cross can usually be done by 4 year olds) and she could hop on one foot (also 4 year old thing).

During the course of the exam for the kiddos, I try to find out who their favorite character is. Well, her's is Ariel, so when I looked in her ears, I told her Ariel was in there. For the first time in a year, this backfired on me. She wanted to look and wave at her. We had to tell her I was pretending like she pretend plays. Anyways, this little girl was just so fricken cute. She seriously made my day.

I hope when I look back on this in a few years I remember her.

What kind of things make your day better?

1 comment:

  1. That's why you don't lie to kids! They always have a way to call your bluff

    ReplyDelete