Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hot Air Balloon Ride

Not medicine related, but I have pictures of something, so that's unusual for me. For my sister, Jake, and my birthdays, my parents got us a hot air balloon ride.I was very very nervous, as the the thought of flying around the air in a flippen basket didn't seem quite so safe. But, I sucked it up and did it. We had a lot of fun. The anticipation was the scariest part. The actual ride was calm and not scary at all. The landing was hilarious. We landed in a field of cows. They freaked out. First they all started running into one big crowd. Then as we got closer, they bolted in the opposite direction. Once we landed, they came charging at us. Thankfully they stopped before they got to us. My favorite part of the ride was the whole landing. The basket slams into the ground, bounces up and slams back down again. This happens a few times and I have the bruises on my knees to prove it. My sister and I could not stop landing. Then, after Jake pushed us into a non cow zone (yes I said pushed), we tip over. As you can see, Laura and I are climbing out. After everything was packed up, we went back to their business and had some champagne to celebrate.

1 comment: