Thursday, August 26, 2010

My ICU Patient

I have had this same patient since my 2nd day of my rotation. He was admitted with acute respiratory failure and in his time here, other diagnoses have included pneumonia, acute renal failure, urinary tract infection, hyperglycemia, and delirium. Since I've been with him so much, he and his wife have gotten to know me rather well. I spend more time with them than the attending physician so I feel like I have a decent relationship with them. Well, his delirium has gotten worse in the last few days leading to some funny sayings. Today he said to me "Can I interest you in a cold drink at my house, Madame." "It came on me like a panther, and then I was standing on a timestamp." Strange and hilarious at the same time. His wife and I were both laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment