Sunday, September 26, 2010

Step 2 Boards

I feel like I have been worried about boards for the last 1.5 years. Last July, I took Step 1. This June, I flew to Philadelphia to take Step 2 PE. Tomorrow, I am taking Step 2 CE, which is basically an 8 hour multiple choice test. Super fun huh? I cannot wait for this to be over. This has been hanging over my head for awhile and I'm looking forward to rejoining humanity tomorrow evening. My plans are to see a movie or two, get a pedi, and then a decent dinner. While I wish I could celebrate with Jake, he won't be here until Thursday. I suppose I will survive.

So the rest of my boards.....Within 1 year of graduation I will have to take Step 3. In my 3rd or 4th year of residency I will take my written Ob/Gyn boards. And then within 5 years of finishing residency, I have to take oral ob/gyn boards. How craptastic is that? Not every specialty gets to have the luxury of doing this, but of course I chose one that does. And then, every so many years I will have to recertify. Basically, what I'm saying is that I'll be spending loads of money every time I take one of these exams, and I'll be doing them the rest of my life.

So, wish me luck for tomorrow or at least send some good vibes to the Cincinnati vicinity :)

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck! My med student and I were just trying to figure out the timeline for PE- which he's scheduled for May 31st- and CE and how to balance Sub-I's in with them, so it's nice to read your timeline.

    ReplyDelete